FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
MEI APPLICATION PROCESS
1. What will the course Schedule be for the next generation of the MEI (2019-2021)?
A. Any student who wishes to form part of the MEI Generation 2019-2021 must be available for school activities Monday-Friday from 9 am to 1 pm.
2. What does ‘debidamente legalizado’ mean regarding the ‘certificado y título de licenciatura’?
A. If your ‘titulo y certificado’ are from Mexico, they are already ‘debidamente legalizado’. However, if you have documents from a foreign country, they need to have an ‘apostile’ from the country of origin.
3. What if I don’t have my language proficiency certified and the Facultad de Lenguas, BUAP isn’t offering any examinations before the deadline?
A. Your language proficiency certification doesn’t need to come from the Facultad de Lenguas, BUAP. We accept any internationally recognized test result from any authorized testing center. Some tests take a long time to provide results, but other tests provide results almost instantaneously; for example, the Cambridge BULATS exam is widely available around Puebla (administered several times a week) and provides next-day results.
4. What are the requirements about format and length regarding the ‘recomendación académica’?
A. Your letter of recommendation should come from one of your former professors working in higher-education, comment on the qualities that you possess that will facilitate yours success in a Master’s program, be around half a page to one page in length, be addressed to ‘The MEI Selection Committee’ or ‘To whom it may concern’. The letter may be written in Spanish or English.
5. What is a ‘constancia official que indique el promedio de calificaciones’?
A. If you are a BUAP graduate, the Departamento de Administracion Escolar (DAE) will provide you with this constancia. The cost is around 20 pesos. No other document will be accepted from BUAP graduates.
B. If you are a graduate from a different institution, we encourage you to investigate the department of Servicios Escolares from your institution provides a similar constancia. If not, we will accept the promedio from your ‘certificado’.
C. We understand that BUAP students are sometimes frustrated by the necessity to acquire this extra constancia when your promedio is already on your certificado; however, the BUAP requires the MEI to require you to provide us with this constancia. We ask for your understanding, and we must insist that you provide us with this document.
6. What is the required length of the Carta de Exposición de Motivos?
A. While there is no minimum or maximum length requirement, a candidate should be able to express their motives between 1 and 2 pages, written in English.
7. What is the length and format of the ‘anteproyecto’?
A.Guidelines and models for the anteproyecto are provided via email upon request at email@example.com
8. If I live outside of Puebla, can I scan and send my documents via email?
A. Yes; however, the processing fee must also be paid and the deposit slip scanned and emailed with your application documents.
9. If I live outside of Puebla, can I do my application interview via skype?
10.How do I apply for the Beca Nacional de CONACYT?
A. If you are accepted into the Master’s program, the coordinator will postulate you to receive this beca if you are eligible. To be eligible, you must:
i. Have a minimum of 8.0 promedio from the licenciatura.
ii. Agree to full-time dedication to the Master’s degree.
iii. Agree to NOT work while receiving the Beca Nacional
Coordinación de la Maestría en la Enseñanza del Inglés
24 Norte #2003 Col. Humboldt C.P. 72370 Puebla, Pue.
Dr. Michael T. Witten
Tel. +52 (222) 2-29-55-00 Ext. 5828 y +52 (222) 2-97-97-46